User'S Guide To The Early Language And Literacy Classroom Observation Tool, K-3 (Ellco K-3), Research Edition
- Publish Date: 2008-05-08
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Miriam Smith Ed.D.;Joanne Brady M.Ed.;Nancy Clark-Chiarelli Ed.D.
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
SAVE when you order the ELLCO K3 User's Guide and ELLCO K3 Tool together!
Trusted by schools across the country, ELLCO helps build better literacy programs by assessing the quality of both the classroom environment and teachers' practices. With ELLCO, educators reliably gather the essential data needed for professional development and program improvement that lead to better literacy outcomes for young children. These two NEW editions of ELLCO are even better because they're
- Age-specific. Assessment is effective and accurate with the new ELLCO editions, designed especially for preschool and early elementary environments. ELLCO Pre-K prompts users to look for preliteracy activities like storybook reading, circle time conversations, and child-originated storywriting, while ELLCO K3 has been reworked to reflect the evolving literacy skills of K3 students.
- Streamlined. Each new edition of ELLCO has just two parts: a classroom observation to gather critical information about 5 key elements of the literacy environment, and a teacher interview, which supplements the observation with educators' firsthand reflections.
- Easier to administer. Users will get complete information about conducting classroom observations, scoring accurately, and limiting bias. They'll also get helpful descriptors for all 5 levels of the rating scale.
- Informed by user feedback. The new editions of ELLCO were created using feedback from the education professionals who know the tool best.
With these new editions of the assessment tool thousands trust, preschools and elementary schools will have the information they need to determine the effectiveness of their classroom environments, strengthen the quality of their programs and teaching practices, and improve young children's early literacy outcomes.
View our recorded webinar: Assessing your early childhood programs literacy practices with ELLCO presented by Louisa Anastasopoulos.
Measure 5 key literacy elements:
- classroom structure
- the language environment
- books and book reading opportunities
- print and early writing supports
The User's Guide is part of ELLCO, the bestselling classroom observation tool that helps schools assess the quality of literacy practices and supports and give children the best possible start in language and literacy development. Trusted by schools across the country, ELLCO helps educators reliably gather the data needed for professional development and program improvement, leading to better literacy outcomes for young children.
Learn more about ELLCO Pre-K and ELLCO K3.
We Also Recommend
Loose-Leaf Version Of Your College Experience 11E & Launchpad For Your College Experience 11E (Six Month Access)
The Earth And Its Peoples, Brief: A Global History (Mindtap Course List)