Ruby On Rails 3 Tutorial: Learn Rails By Example (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series)
- Binding: Paperback
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Ruby on Rails 3 Tutorial: Learn Rails by Example by Michael Hartl has become a must read for developers learning how to build Rails apps.
Peter Cooper, Editor of Ruby Inside
Using Rails 3, developers can build web applications of exceptional elegance and power. Although its remarkable capabilities have made Ruby on Rails one of the worlds most popular web development frameworks, it can be challenging to learn and use. Ruby on Rails 3 Tutorial is the solution. Leading Rails developer Michael Hartl teaches Rails 3 by guiding you through the development of your own complete sample application using the latest techniques in Rails web development.
Drawing on his experience building RailsSpace, Insoshi, and other sophisticated Rails applications, Hartl illuminates all facets of design and implementationincluding powerful new techniques that simplify and accelerate development.
This book will help you
- Install and set up your Rails development environment
- Go beyond generated code to truly understand how to build Rails applications from scratch
- Learn Test Driven Development (TDD) with RSpec
- Effectively use the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern
- Structure applications using the REST architecture
- Build static pages and transform them into dynamic ones
- Master the Ruby programming skills all Rails developers need
- Define high-quality site layouts and data models
- Implement registration and authentication systems, including validation and secure passwords
- Update, display, and delete users
- Add social features and microblogging, including an introduction to Ajax
- Record version changes with Git and share code at GitHub
- Simplify application deployment with Heroku
We Also Recommend
Pokmon X & Pokmon Y: The Official Kalos Region Guidebook: The Official Pokmon Strategy Guide
2: Amazon Fire Tv: Fire Stick: The Ultimate User Guide To Amazon Fire Stick To Tv, Movies, Apps, Games & Much More (How To Use Fire Stick, Streaming, ... Guides, Internet, Free Movie) (Volume 2)
Ecdl Syllabus 5.0 Module 3 Word Processing Using Word 2007: Module 3
Analog Vlsi Implementation Of Neural Systems (The Springer International Series In Engineering And Computer Science)