After Writing Culture: Epistemology And Praxis In Contemporary Anthropology (Asa Monographs)
- Binding: Paperback
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
This collection addresses the theme of representation in anthropology. Its fourteen articles explore some of the directions in which contemporary anthropology is moving, following the questions raised by the writing culture debates of the 1980s.
It includes discussion of issues such as:
* the concept of caste in Indian society
* scottish ethnography
* how dreams are culturally conceptualised
* representations of the family
* culture as conservation
* gardens, theme parks and the anthropologist in Japan
* representation in rural Japan
* people's place in the landscape of Northern Australia
* representing identity of the New Zealand Maori.
We Also Recommend
Mosaicos: Spanish As A World Language, Books A La Carte Plus Mylab Spanish With Etext (Multi-Semester Access) -- Access Card Package (6Th Edition)
Learn Korean With Bts (Bangtan Boys): The Fun Effective Way To Learn Korean (Learn Korean With K-Pop) (Volume 4) (Korean Edition)