Freedom From Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: A Personalized Recovery Program For Living With Uncertainty, Updated Edition
- Publish Date: 2014-05-06
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Jonathan Grayson
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Nearly six million Americans suffer from the symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder, which can manifest itself in many ways: paralyzing fear of contamination; unmanageable checking rituals; excessive concern with order, symmetry, and counting; and others.
Freedom from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder provides Dr. Jonathan Graysons revolutionary and compassionate program for finally breaking the cycle of overwhelming fear and endless rituals, including:
- Self-assessment tests that guide readers in identifying their specific type of OCD and help track their progress in treatment
- Case studies from Dr. Graysons revolutionary and profoundly successful treatment program
- Blueprints for programs tailored to particular manifestations of OCD
- Previously unexplored manifestations of OCD such as obsessive staring, Relationship OCD (R-OCD), obsessive intolerance of environmental sounds and chewing sounds
- Therapy scripts to help individuals develop their own therapeutic voice, to motivate themselves to succeed
- New therapies used in conjunction with exposure techniques
- Trigger sheets for identifying and planning for obstacles that arise in treatment
- Information on building a support group
- And much more
Demystifying the process of OCD assessment and treatment, this indispensable book helps sufferers make sense of their own compulsions through frank, unflinching self-evaluation, and provides not only the knowledge of how to changebut the courage to do it.
We Also Recommend
The Birth Partner - Revised 4Th Edition: A Complete Guide To Childbirth For Dads, Doulas, And All Other Labor Companions
The Healing Power Of Rainforest Herbs: A Guide To Understanding And Using Herbal Medicinals