Counseling And Educational Research: Evaluation And Application
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Fills a special niche for courses in counseling and educational research
The Second Edition of Counseling and Educational Research: Evaluation and Application emphasizes the importance of being a good consumer of research and teaches the practitioner how to conduct research in practice. Author Rick Houser uses concrete examples from the professional literature to demonstrate how to effectively evaluate and interpret research articles. In order to give the reader a chance to see the evaluation of an article from beginning to end, this new edition uses several articles throughout the book to illustrate the methods of evaluation and interpretation rather than using different articles for each segment of an article.
New to the Second Edition
- Offers more material on qualitative research
- Includes a new chapter on statistical methods
- Provides a new chapter on mixed methods
- Incorporates a new chapter on searching articles in professional journals and searching various online databases
- Summarizes recent developments through a new chapter on evidence-based research
- Presents new articles to draw on for examples
- Gives ACA ethical guidelines and expanded coverage on program evaluation
This book is specifically written for introductory courses in research methods at the advanced undergraduate and graduate levels in the fields of counseling, social work, education, and psychology.
We Also Recommend
Fundamentals Of Teaching English To Speakers Of Other Languages In K-12 Mainstream Classrooms
Mmtic Manual: A Guide To The Development And Use Of The Murphy-Meisgeier Type Indicator For Children