Our Social World: Condensed Version
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
In this brief text, two leaders of the Teaching Sociology movement encourage students development of their sociological imaginations through role-taking. Assuming the role of a child living in poverty in India or of a member of an African tribe, students learn to re-envision their global society. An innovative, integrated framework provides core sociological concepts, while features such as Contributing to Our Social World enable students to do public sociology. Our Social World: Condensed Version presents the perspective of students living in the larger global world.
- A global perspective is integrated into each chapter, inspiring students to begin thinking of global society as a logical extension of their own micro world
- Boxes highlight volunteer and career opportunities available now and after graduation for students with a background in sociology
- Sociologists influence on policy issues is highlighted so students can see the impact of sociology on the real world
- An underlying goal of critical thinking and deep learning, through features such as Thinking Sociologically, encourages students to internalize and analyze the global society from a sociological viewpoint
- The Social World Model in each chapter provides an organizing framework to help students understand the interrelatedness of core concepts
We Also Recommend
The Bedford Anthology Of American Literature, Volume One: Beginnings To 1865
The Norton Anthology Of American Literature, Package 1: Volumes A And B
Navigating Human Service Organizations: Essential Information For Thriving And Surviving In Agencies