Mechanika, Revised And Updated: Creating The Art Of Space, Aliens, Robots And Sci-Fi
- Publish Date: 2015-10-07
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Doug Chiang
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
You can design the future!
In a post-apocalyptic alien landscape, starfighters crash land in desert terrain, dino riders rear up, rusted crab walkers litter the horizon and men work with--or fight against--giant iron robots. You control it all and Academy Award-winning sci-fi film production designer Doug Chiang tells you how. In this revised and updated version of his best-selling book, Mechanika, Chiang uses his 25 years in the film industry working on such films as the Star Wars franchise, Terminator 2: Judgment Day and War of the Worlds to teach you the techniques, tools and tips to draw and think like a master sci-fi artist.
Inside you'll find:
- The six keys to good design and how to build an expert toolkit.
- Basic sketching techniques and the rules of perspective--even in imaginary worlds.
- 25+ step-by-step demonstrations, including updated text and 6 brand new demonstrations, showing how to draw everything from monopods and labor beasts to aliens and steam-powered robots by mixing traditional drawing and marker techniques with digital painting technology.
- How to create compelling science fiction scenes inspired by movies, books, comics and games from conceptualization to completion.
- Tips and details on how to use Adobe Photoshop to design, draw and enhance your creations--including author secrets!
We Also Recommend
Everything I Need To Know I Learned From Led Zeppelin: Classic Rock Wisdom From The Greatest Band Of All Time
How To Get The Part.Without Falling Apart!: Featuring The Haber Phrase Technique For Actors