Ethernet Switches: An Introduction To Network Design With Switches
- Publish Date: 2013-04-14
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Charles E. Spurgeon;Joann Zimmerman
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
If youre ready to build a large network system, this handy excerpt from Ethernet: The Definitive Guide, Second Edition gets you up to speed on a basic building block: Ethernet switches. Whether youre working on an enterprise or campus network, data center, or Internet service provider network, youll learn how Ethernet switches function and how theyre used in network designs.
This brief tutorial also provides an overview of the most important features found in switches, from the basics to more advanced features found in higher-cost and specialized switches.
- Get an overview of basic switch operation, the spanning tree protocol, and switch performance issues
- Learn about switch management and some of the most widely used switch features
- Discover how a hierarchical design can help maintain stable network operations
- Delve into special-purpose switches, such as multi-layer, access, stacking, and wireless access-point switches
- Learn about advanced switch features designed for specific networking environments
- Dive deeper into switches, with a list of protocol and package documentation
We Also Recommend
Objects First With Java: A Practical Introduction Using Bluej (5Th Edition)
Computer Networks, Third Edition: A Systems Approach, 3Rd Edition (The Morgan Kaufmann Series In Networking)