- Publish Date: 2016-03-15
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Alexander Kennedy
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
No American has ever been such a success in so many fields as Benjamin Franklin. He produced the countrys first literary masterpiece with his Autobiography, and the witty epigrams of his Poor Richards Almanac continue to pepper our everyday speech. He was one of the American colonies great civic leaders, founding libraries, hospitals, and other civic organizations. He was the first to name batteries, and positive and negative electrical charges, and he invented the lightning rod, the bifocals, and the Franklin stove. He was on the committee that wrote the Declaration of Independence, and he won the greatest diplomatic triumph in American history when he secured French military support for the American Revolution, guaranteeing its success.
In this compact, highly readable biography, Alexander Kennedy examines every facet of this many-sided figure. He separates fact from fiction in such famous incidents as the kite-and-key experiment, and reveals lesser known aspects of the great mans life, such as his role in the popularization of American chess or the nascent abolition movement. In seeing the countless ways that this great polymath shaped the nation, the reader gradually comes to realize that to understand Benjamin Franklin is to understand America herself...
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. - Benjamin Franklin
Buy Now to Discover:
- Readable, laypersons explanations of Franklins most important scientific breakthroughs.
- Franklins Great Compromise at the Constitutional Convention.
- The mystery around Franklins illegitimate son William.
- Franklins battles with Parliament before the American Revolution.
- The reasons for Franklins surprising midlife retirement.
- Franklins key role in early American literature.
- Many quotes and witticisms in Franklins own words.
Buy Now and Read the True Story of Benjamin Franklin
Thank you in advance for buying our book. We know you'll love it!
We Also Recommend
Fifty Dead Men Walking: The Terrifying True Story Of A Secret Agent Inside The Ira